Monday, April 13, 2009

A Faith Tested

OK . . . I know it has been a while since I have blogged and a lot of things have been going on in the Rose household since the last time I posted. On March 27, 2009 Andy and I found out that we had lost the baby. I went into the hospital on March 31st for surgery. This has been the most emotional and physically painful time in my life. HOWEVER, God has been Good and Faithful even in the hardest of times. God placed people in my life at the very time I needed them. There were some old friends there to pick me up and new friends that I had just recently met. Both of these new and old friends reached out to me and my family to show me God’s love in my time of grief and sadness.

God allowed women to comfort me that have had similar experiences in the past. These women not only emailed me, but called me, and even brought my family dinner. These women opened their hearts and let me into their experience of losing a child. This made me feel less alone and gave me hope of my future. God knew what he was doing and I will never question Why this happened to me. It did happen and it will be apart of my ministry to help other women who go through this in their life. God will give us a child if it is in His plan when the time is right. I know this was one of the hardest things I have to go through – (I even think harder than my divorce) but it has shown me another level of God’s love in my life. God never promised that there would be life without hardship and pain, but He did promise He would be there every step of the way and would carry me when I could not longer walk.

Some good did come out of this experience. I met some AMAZING women within my church who I now call friends. These women prayed for me and comforted me when they hardly even knew me. That is when I saw God’s face in these women. I will keep trusting in God even when the road gets hard and my faith is tested. I think this verse helps me keep in perspective what has gone on the past 2 weeks.

2 Corinthians 4:17 (Today's New International Version)
17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.

Andy and I have hope and faith that we will have a child one day. But we will wait and pray until that day comes.

I hope you all had a Great Easter! Jesus has Risen and He is ALIVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment