Monday, February 9, 2009

An early Valentine's Date

This past Friday night my hubby and I decided to celebrate Valentine’s a little early to beat the crowds and make it more special. So on Friday night we started the date at Aspen’s (at The Avenues in Marietta). If you haven’t been to this restaurant the food is amazing and the atmosphere is like being in a ski lodge with huge fireplaces roaring. We were sat a nice quiet table and had some good adult conversation. We love our kids but it is nice when you can talk and not be interrupted. It was a great night in Georgia Friday night. It was in the 60’s so we decided after dinner to take a walk around to the shops to see what we could find. We stumbled into a few shops and really enjoyed ourselves. After our walk and window shopping we went into a bakery. If anyone knows me, hubby and I have been on a low carb diet since Jan 5. We have both lost 15 pounds each. So walking into a bakery was heaven to me. We each got a small dessert to share. So we ended our date by heading home. It was one of the best dates in a long time. It was nice to be out and have some good food and good company. I love you Hubby!! Happy Valentine’s Day!!

PS I am trying in the future to post pictures so you can have visual too. Thanks for checking on us.

No comments:

Post a Comment