Monday, January 26, 2009

Lord Help Me!!!!

Today I wish I could be in a room - alone with my thoughts, my prayers, and in God's presence. I am trying to make it - I am working while reading scripture and listening to worship music on my ipod. But these are the days I wish I could spend hours with God praying to Him and asking for his help. I need his help more than ever. As most of you know I divorced in 2006 after 8 years of marriage and 15 years with the same man. Divorce is such an evil thing. I see how it has pulled apart not only my family but also other families.
Divorce has hurt my children more than I will ever know and continues to haunt me. I feel the greatest need to protect my children more than ever and if one ever decided to go live with their Dad I think I would absolutely be devastated. My kids will forever struggle with trying to please both parents. I always put my children and their interests first, but it is not always reciprocated with the other parent. I pray that God never lets go of them and continues to guide them even though they are going to have major temptations and decisions to make in the coming years. Starting today I am going to commit to pray for them even MORE everyday that they never decide to leave my house for the other parent. What a horrible start of the day. But God is good and I will forever praise His name for He will not forsake me or forget me in these hurting times. The scripture I will hold onto for today Proverbs 3: 5-6 “5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.”My current husband is a God send. He a strong Christian man with a deep faith in the Bible. He is always the one who can pull me up during these rough days and let me know that together we will pray for the children and trust the Lord with them. These children are ultimately the Lord’s children in which he has trusted me to be the mother. The Lord God will place a shield of protection around my children and their lives. Thank you Lord for allowing me to be the mother of these two precious children. I trust in you to protect them and guide them in the way that is right. Thank you also for my husband who you have sent to me for a second chance. God you are good all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment