Friday, January 23, 2009

Here it goes - my first post

So I have now entered the world of blogging. I have been reading the blogs of many people over the past year and I have decided that I would attempt to blog. I figure if even if no one else reads my blog it would be a great way to document the events in my life. So let me warn you. I am not a great writer. I am just a 32 year old wife, mother, and Christ follower that is attempting to put some of my crazy life in a blog.

So I thought I would start this blog by listing 25 Random Things About Me. That way if you are reading this blog and you don't know me, you can find out a little about me.

1. First of all, I love God and my family above all things. I have a wonderful husband and two great kids - Cade (7) and Addyson (5).
2. I come from a family of four children and my parents are still married and my family is really close.
3. God has given me the greatest life full of second chances. I remarried a year ago to the most amazing God centered man. God has given me and my children a second chance at true love and a family.
4. My husband , me, and my ex-husband all went to middle school and high school together. Weird I know.
5. I hate snakes. I can't even look at them without wanting to run.
6. I never really liked my red hair until I was in my 20's. Now I am more secure with myself and love the color of hair God gave me.
7. I failed my driving test twice when I was 16. The third time I finally passed.
8. I love to sing, but my voice is not great. I will never try out for American Idol.
9. I coach Upward Cheerleading for my daughter's squad and LOVE IT!
10. I love children and want to have more.
11. I am currently on a low carb diet that my doctor has placed me on. After 3 weeks I have lost 12 pounds. I guess the doctor was right, but I sure do miss pizza.
13. I love to country line dance and I love country music.
14. I was born in Atlanta, GA and grew up in Mableton, GA. I graduated from the same high school that my parents did.
15. I wish I could be a stay at home mom. My job with the government is great but I feel like my kids need me even more now.
16. I hate mornings and I have to wake up at 4:30 AM to go to work.
17. Most days I feel like a 16 year old girl trapped in a 32 year old body.
18. Some days I wish I could go back and change the things in my life I really messed up.
19. My best friends are the ones I met in college.
20. I love to play softball and volleyball.
21. In high school I did a little of everything. I sang in chorus, played softball, basketball, volleyball, and ran track. I was also in the drama club and in the colorguard in band.
22. In college, I went to New York with the band to march in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade.
23. I want to travel to Greece and Italy.
24. I want to go on a mission trip.
25. I love the beach and my favorite place to vacation is Mexico.

That is all for now. I will post some more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment