Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year !!!!

Well December has come and gone and there is so much to catch everyone up on. First of all Addyson and I attended The Rockettes Christmas Show at The Fox in Atlanta for her birthday. Her official birthday was not until Dec 16th, but since she has been such a great student this year I took her out of school on Dec 2nd to go attend a matinee show. She thought it was the BEST birthday present ever and wants to go back next year to see it again. Cade spent his birthday on the 26th renting multiple Wii games and roller skating with his sister and cousins.

Of course the days of Dec 16 Addyson’s birthday – Dec 26th which is Cade’s birthday are filled with complete chaos. Having both birthdays and Christmas within 10 days is a challenge every year, but some how we always manage. I am just blessed that Addyson turned 6 and Cade turned 8 had wonderful birthdays filled with love and family.

I will update with pictures as soon as I can but Christmas was wonderful spending it with the kids this year, my parents, and my siblings. Both of my brothers came down from Tennessee with their other halves to spend a day or two here with us.

We had a low key New Years Eve – there is not much you can do when you are 7 months pregnant and uncomfortable all the time, but we have enjoyed our days off with family and friends.

Here is the recap of 2009 and the blessings that God has given us:

Jan 2009 – Andy had an interview with a potential employer – he needed a better more secure job. We were praying for God’s guidance.

Feb 2009 – Andy received the job and it was such a blessing. I also found out on Valentine’s day that I was pregnant.

March 2009 – I found out at the end of this month that I miscarried. It was a heart breaking time, but God showed us how much he loved us by placing caring people all around us during this time. I actually made some great friends from this experience.

April – July 2009 – praying for God to bless us with another baby.

August 2009 – found out that I was 8 weeks pregnant.

Sept 2009 – Went to Gainesville to cash in on hubby’s father’s day gift. Four tickets to a Gator Football Game. We had a great time and even saw Tim Tebow at our hotel that morning. Also the flood came to Georgia.

Nov 2009 – found out we are having a boy on my hubby’s 34 birthday. We have decided to name him Walker Andrew Rose.

Dec 2009 – It was heavy on our hearts to give to the less fortunate this year. Open hands Open hearts was our motto. The more we gave the more God replenished. It was a great feeling to know that God was using me and my family to change other people’s lives.

So now on to the next year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment